I am a registered Nutritionist and Eating Disorder & Body Image Specialist. I am also a certified Intuitive Eating Counsellor and ACT therapist.
Suffering from and overcoming an eating disorder in my teenage years is why I chose to specialise in this field. Therapists often specialise in conditions they have experience of as they feel passionate about helping others going through the same struggles they have and it allows us to provide a real understanding of the issues our clients face.
From my personal experience, overcoming an eating disorder felt impossible and after many failed attempts, I was supported with an approach that addressed nutritional, emotional, behavioural and psychological factors. This integrative approach incorporating more than one discipline was significant in me overcoming my eating disorder and I wanted to offer this same approach to others.
To support this integrative approach I have completing a range of additional qualifications and trainings.
National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCFED), all of which are approved by the British Psychological Society;
- NCFED: Master Practitioner Eating Disorders and Obesity
- NCFED: Nutritional Interventions for Eating Disorders
- NCFED: Practitioner Skills for Eating Disorders (Psychological Approach for Eating Behaviour and Weight Management)
- NCFED: Practitioner Skills in Obesity Management
The Centre for Research on Eating Disorders at University of Oxford:
- Enhanced Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT-E)*
*CBT-E has been shown to be effective in the treatment of all forms of eating disorder. It is strongly endorsed by the NICE guidelines.
Additional qualifications and professional development:
- ACT Therapist (approved by the BPS)
- Certified Intuitive Eating Counsellor (Original Intuitive Eating Pros)
- Certified Bio-Individual Nutrition Practitioner (Bio-Individual Nutrition Institute)
- Nutritional Counselling for Eating Disorders
- Nutritional Coaching
- Body Image Healing
- Certified NLP Practitioner
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMPC)
- Gastrointestinal (GI) Advanced Practice Module (APM)
- Detox (APM)
- Cardiometabolic (APM)
- Immune (APM)
- Energy (APM)
- Hormone (APM)
I regularly attend seminars and conferences to ensure I stay up to date with the latest research and developments in nutritional therapy.